Is Shivering Considered Exercise?

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Required reading .... no seriously, read this

So on the first posting I should let you good people know my plan for this blog, my mission, my literary vision. Well, see …. what had happened was …. I don’t have any of those. My friend Shannon started a blog a couple years ago about her experiences in the Peace Corps, being a foreigner in a foreign land and it put the bug in my brain.


Now I don’t pretend my writing is as capricious or entertaining as the oft-adored Senoni, but I too am in a new, strange, undiscovered country. Of course there are differences (her suitcase was full of bikinis, my shopping spree was for long johns) but the premise remains.


So join me as I discover all the new fascinating trials and triumphs as I strike out on my own here in the frozen tundra of Indianapolis. I promise all my postings won’t be about the weather. But expect this sun-worshipping Southerner to have a thing or two to say about the ungodly cold up here!


See, I’m used to basketball scores for temperatures. Here it went very quickly from basketball, down to football, slipping to hockey and then plunging to golf scores! Here would be a good place to insert a joke about Tiger Woods and being out in the cold, but I digress…


I will try to keep at this regularly. If you find you are somehow feeling deprived of my rants and ramblings, send me a message to that point, but include some chocolate or seafood to ensure my compliance.


I’m ending this post now, because the Army/Navy game needs my attention. And the neighbors need to hear me screaming for Navy. Y’all have a good’ern …


and GO NAVY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Let's see how long this not blogging exclusively about the weather lasts.

    ReplyDelete